Brew Essiac Tea: Instructions
It's simple and easy to brew essiac at home. It's just as easy as boiling a pot of spaghetti. If you buy pre-brewed essiac it will cost over ten times as much as brewing essiac at home with our powdered herbal blend. By brewing essiac at home, you'll also ensure that you have fresh tea that's free of additives and preservatives.
Brewing Instructions for a 2-week supply of essiac tea using aggressive treatment dose OR maintenance dose.
Please note: Steps 1 and 2 will vary depending on which level of treatment dose you choose. Steps 3 thru 5 are the same regardless. Click here to see the difference between aggressive and maintenance dose.
Typical Aggressive Treatment Dose:
Brew a 1 to 2-week supply
(Prepares 1 Gallon)
Aggressive treatment dose is 3-6 oz. of tea three times per day.
1. Bring 132 oz. (1 gallon plus 4 oz. to account for evaporation) of spring water or distilled water to a boil and reduce to a simmer.
2. Add 4 oz. of the essiac herbs. For accuracy, weigh your herbs on a kitchen scale (a very rough approximation of 4 oz. herbs--which weighs 113 grams--is 1 1/4 cups of herbs when using dry measurement cups. If you don't already own one, purchase a small inexpensive home kitchen scale as soon as possible).
Typical Maintenance Treatment Dose:
Brew a 2-week Supply
Usual dose is 3 oz. of tea twice per day.
1. Boil 88 oz. of spring water or distilled water in a large pot.
2. Add 2.67 oz. of the essiac herbs blend. Please weigh your herbs on a kitchen scale to ensure you have the correct amount. A rough approximation if you have to use dry measurement cups is a rounded 1/2 cup.
To Brew One Quart at a Time
1. Boil 36 oz. of spring water or distilled water in a large pot.
2. Add 1 oz. of the essiac herbs blend. Please weigh your herbs on a kitchen scale to ensure you have the correct amount. A rough approximation if you have to use dry measurement cups is 1/4 cup.
Here are the rest of the instructions
on how to brew essiac tea...
(in any size batch):
3. Turn the heat down to medium and let the tea simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Keep a cover on the pan with just a bit of air exposed to reduce evaporation.
4. Turn the heat off, cover the pan completely, and leave the mixture sitting at room temperature for twelve hours.
5. The following day, stir the tea vigorously to disperse the remnants of the herbs throughout the mixture* and funnel it into a clean standard plastic spring water gallon container (or a glass bottle, if you prefer). Refrigerate.
*Leave the herb particles in the tea--DO NOT strain the herbs. Because these are powdered herbs, you don't have to strain them out--the herbs are fine enough to be taken as you drink the tea. The herbs increase the efficacy level of the treatment.
Do not try to brew essiac tea more than two weeks ahead: it will stay good for about 14 days, but after that you should make a fresh batch of tea. Shake the container well before pouring your dosages to disperse the herb particles throughout the tea.
If you find it difficult to drink essiac straight, you may mix your essiac tea with fruit or vegetable juice. It's recommended to consume essiac tea cold.
The most consistent results over the years with essiac come when the doses are taken on an empty stomach. This means to avoid eating two hours before and one hour after administering essiac. However, if you must eat and take essiac at the same time, that is much better than skipping your essiac dose entirely.
Disclaimer: Essiac is not FDA tested and has not been FDA approved as a treatment or cure for any health problem, including cancer. We do not represent it as such on this site. You must determine whether essiac is a treatment method you should pursue. We have provided accounts and descriptions that represent the opinions of a variety of experts in the alternative treatment world as well as actual users of essiac. We believe that our formula is the most effective essiac formula being sold in the world, and that our essiac tea ingredients are of the highest quality. However, we do not endorse anything on this site as medical fact.