Why bother with these get healthy tips? Well, you'll dramatically reduce the amount of illness and disease you suffer from--and when you do get sick you'll get well much faster if you follow this
1. Consume a nutritious, well-balanced diet. Buy organic and local when feasible. Avoid eating the same foods day after day. This is a great way to develop food allergies which no one wants to deal with. If your diet is lacking in particular areas or you avoid entire food groups for one reason or another, consult a nutritionist and consider supplementation when appropriate.
2. Drink at least 64 oz. of fresh spring or distilled water each day. Consider adding trace minerals to your water and/or electrolytes as needed. Those with higher activity levels or who live in climates that are hot or dry may need more electrolytes and/or minerals.
3. Get sufficient rest. You should be able to wake up naturally without an alarm clock. It's best to go to bed early and rise early (approximately 10pm bedtime and up at 6am). Short naps (such as 20 minutes) can help if you aren't able to get enough sleep.
4. Get plenty of exercise. For exercise tips, visit this page. The advice is applicable to both gym and home workouts, although many people prefer the ease and convenience of exercising at home or outdoors.
Home Exercise Coach
5. Avoid excessive sitting. Aside from exercise, you should be moving your body throughout the day. Leisurely walks, shopping, housework, yardwork, walking or playing with animals, outdoor activities, or even using a standing desk can all be great ways to break up your sitting. If you are forced to sit for long periods of time, try to take at least a 5 minute break every hour to stretch or walk around.
5. Avoid putting unnecessary chemicals into your body. This includes both prescription and over-the-counter or street drugs, additives and preservatives in processed foods, and artificial colors, flavors, and sweeteners. Organic food may be a wise investment in your health. At the very least, shop the perimeter of the grocery store. The more natural the food is, the better. Try to eat things that are still the way they are found in nature: i.e. apples are better than bottled apple sauce, which is better than commercial apple juice. Try herbal remedies and alternative care before drugs whenever possible.
6. Consider supplementing your diet with vitamins, minerals, and herbs that may benefit you. Check out this webpage for supplement advice and recommendations: Nutritional Supplement Bible
Info site offering commentary on dietary supplements & natural health. Learn the differences between various nutritional supplements, herbal supplements, & sports nutritional supplement products.
7. Use a detoxification regimen from time to time. Many people use essiac tea for detoxification. There are other detoxes available, but in our experience many of them are harsh and unpleasant compared to using essiac tea.
Thanks for reading through our get healthy tips! It is our sincere hope that you are able to get well and achieve lasting wellness so you can fully enjoy your life!