This page explains how best to brew essiac tea for pets. Because most pets need a smaller daily dose than humans do, it's important to brew the right sized batch. Administer essiac tea to your dog, cat, or other pet according to weight and whether or not they have a disease or illness.
Do not ever brew essiac tea for pets more than two weeks ahead, as it may spoil and the tea may not work as effectively.
When brewing essiac tea for most pets (pets that weigh less than an average person) brewing a gallon of tea at a time will be too much. Brewing just 1 pint or 1 quart will last 1-2 weeks and therefore be more appropriate for most pets. Click here to see the recommended dosages of essiac tea for your pet.
Steps 1 and 2 will vary depending on how much tea you wish to brew at once. Decide whether you need to make 1 Quart of Essiac Tea or 1 Pint (click here if you're not sure how much tea you'll need to last 1-2 weeks). Steps 3 thru 5 of these instructions are the same regardless of your size brew.
To Make 1 Quart of Essiac Tea:
1. Bring 33 oz. of spring water to a boil and reduce to a simmer.
2. Add 1 oz. (28.25 grams) of the essiac herbs blend. Please weigh your herbs on a kitchen scale to ensure you have the correct amount (A very rough approximation of 1 oz. herbs in dry weight is a rounded 1/4 cup dry measurement cup).
To Make 1 Pint of Essiac Tea:
1. Bring 17 oz. of spring water to a boil.
2. Add 1/2 oz. (14g) of the essiac herbs blend. Please weigh your herbs on a kitchen scale to ensure you have the correct amount (A very rough approximation is 1/8 cup if you use a dry measurement cup).
And the rest of the instructions are here:
3. Simmer for ten minutes, stirring occasionally. Cover the pan partially to reduce evaporation.
4. Turn the heat off, cover the pan, and leave the mixture sitting at room temperature for twelve hours.
5. The following day, stir the tea and funnel into a clean spring water gallon container. Refrigerate.
Straining the herbs is not recommended. The herbs increase the efficacy level of the tea--it's best to leave them in the tea. Since they are powdered herbs, this is perfectly safe and healthy.
Do not brew essiac tea more than two weeks ahead: after that, spoilage may result and the tea may not be as effective. Shake the container vigorously before pouring your pet's dosages.
There are various ways to administer essiac tea to your pet. For most pets, the easiest thing to do is to mix the tea with a liquid. Water will work if your pet isn't averse to the taste of essiac tea, but you might need to use a liquid that's more enticing to your pet to get him to take the tea. You may need to feed your pet using an eye dropper, syringe or turkey baster, depending on the size of your animal. Because it is recommended that your pet (like people) take the tea one hour before or two hours after a meal, you may want to stick to the liquid method. However, many have had success with essiac by mixing it in their pet's food. If that is your only option to get the animal to take it, be assured that taking essiac with food is much better than not taking it at all.
Click here to read about essiac and pets.
May 04, 20 06:18 PM
This essiac tea and CBD bundle can help you save money while enjoying the benefit of both of these compounds.
Apr 29, 20 01:53 PM
We have authentic essiac which is an improvement on the "original essiac." Our eight herb formula is the one that Dr. Brusch found worked best when he studied essiac over an eight year period.
May 09, 19 01:17 PM
Check our our ultimate CBD. CBD makes a great complement to essiac.