***Our authentic essiac formula uses the entire sheep sorrel plant, including the roots. It's 20% root.***
Like everything else, original versions of medicines, herbal or otherwise, aren't necessarily the best - in fact, it's rare that the very first version of anything stays the best over time!
For most products, over time additional research is conducted, tweaks are made, and therefore the effectiveness of products tends to improve over time which each new advancement.
It is in your best interest to buy essiac that has been proven most effective when it's administered orally as a tea - and that's exactly what you have with the most current version of the eight herb essiac formula - the only type that we carry.
We'll give you a quick explanation why, and provide links if you would like to read the full history behind the point we are making here: that the original "authentic essiac" isn't even available today - and even if it were, it's not your best choice in modern times.
1. The first thing you should know is that the "original essiac" or "authentic essiac," was used by Native Americans for the purpose of treating maladies at a time when there was little or no cancer. Rene Caisse was given the authentic essiac formula by a patient in a hospital where she was working, and was astounded that it appeared to have reversed the woman's cancer. However, this version of essiac was not effective in every case; in fact, quite a few people died in spite of being treated with the authentic essiac.
2. After many years of research, doctors developed a version of the authentic essiac formula that was to be injected into the patient. Treatment by injection turned out to yield more consistent results in the patients. All of this information has been documented in a hand-written testimonial by Rene Caisse as well as in signed papers by staff physicians. It's documented in the book "The Essiac Report" by Richard Thomas.
3. Rene Caisse attempted to get permission from the Canadian Ministry of Health to give physicians throughout Canada the go-ahead to inject the authentic essiac formula - but she got nowhere. Around that time, Dr. Brusch's older brother had heard about Rene's work and decided to research the information, and also to have the Canadian Government officially recognize the formula. His efforts were unsuccessful.
4. One of the formulas being tested was an injectible four herb version. This four herb formula was never meant to be consumed orally. In 1959, Rene Caisse decided to take further action. Since physicians weren't allowed to inject this essiac formula without government approval, she was concerned that this valuable formula may be lost forever. Dr. Charles Brusch invited Rene Caisse to the Brusch Medical Center in Cambridge, Massachusetts, in an attempt to develop an oral formula that carried the same efficacy level as the injection.
5. In 1977, Rene Caisse signed over a four herb formula to Resperin Corp. of Canada, under the stipulation that Resperin completed clinical tests on the formula. The agreement granted permission for the use of essiac as research only, and dictated that if they did not complete these tests, Dr. Charles Brusch would be the only one to have control of the formula (Dr. Brusch and Caisse had performed clinical tests on essiac together from 1959 to 1967). It turns out that Resperin breached the contract by never completing the tests - but they continued to use the formula without permission.
6. After further research, an oral essiac formula was developed that contained eight herbs. This formula included the four herbs from the four herb formula, plus eight additional herbs. Dr. Brusch was left the exclusive rights to the formula in 1977 (a year prior to Rene Caisse's death). This formula seemed to be more effective than any other that had come before.
7. The eight herb formula Rene Caisse revealed to Dr. Charles Brusch contained Burdock Root, Sheep Sorrel, Slippery Elm Back, and Turkey Rhubarb Root, in addition to Blessed Thistle, Watercress, Kelp, and Red Clover. Brusch performed eight years of clinical research on this oral form of essiac. He even took it himself when he fell ill with cancer. Brusch made the claim that this eight herb essiac alone cured his cancer.
8. During a variety of clinical trials, Dr. Brusch and Rene Caisse experimented with essiac capsules, tablets, tinctures, and other administration methods. Time and time again, the method of administering treatment that resulted in the most potent and effective formula was to return the herbs to the liquid after brewing (making Essiac tea with the powdered herbs included).
9. Rene Caisse passed away in 1978, and Dr. Brusch passed away in 1993. The eight herb formula that was found to work best as a result of the Brusch clinical trials is the most effective form of essiac available today.
10. We recommend consuming essiac tea exactly the same way as it was in those studies: in tea form, and taken on an empty stomach with the herbs included, and not re-heated (take it cold). Reheating it risks overprocessing at the cooking process is already complete when the tea is heated once during preparation. Nope, it's not pretty - but it's the best way. And your body deserves only the best!
Disclaimer: Eight herb essiac is not FDA tested and approved as a treatment or cure for any disease or condition, including cancer. We do not represent it as such on this site. You must determine whether eight herb essiac can be of any help to you. You also must determine whether authentic essiac is a better choice for you than eight herb essiac. We have provided accounts and descriptions that represent the opinions of experts in alternative treatments as well as essiac users. We do not endorse any of these opinions as medical fact.
Nov 04, 20 10:19 AM
The topic of sheep sorrel percentage in essiac has been one of hot debate, more so lately than ever before. We have the facts for you here.
May 04, 20 06:18 PM
This essiac tea and CBD bundle can help you save money while enjoying the benefit of both of these compounds.
Apr 29, 20 01:53 PM
We have authentic essiac which is an improvement on the "original essiac." Our eight herb formula is the one that Dr. Brusch found worked best when he studied essiac over an eight year period.